A beautifully bound edition with a black flexi-cover and gilt-edged pages.
Format: Flexi-Bound Leatherette
Dimensions: 10 x 15 x 4,5cm
Number of Pages: 2260
Here is a Bible tailor-made for every Catholic. It will lead you through the exact same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with notes and introductions edited by Vatican expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB. CTS has created several carefully thought-out editions to suit every need and budget.
Featuring attractive edge-stitching, this Compact Flexi-Bound Edition is a pleasure to hold, carry and use, being both light and durable. Text sizes in this edition: 6.75pt text (5pt for footnotes).
What’s different about The CTS New Catholic Bible?
• Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy
• Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
• Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
• Footnotes following the latest scholarship
• Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
• A clearer layout – using modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
• Text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
• Directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary